This is a new opportunity for a Social Value Coordinator within Bristol City Leap’s Communication and Engagement Team. This role will provide technical support and expertise to ensure the delivery of Bristol City Leap’s wide range of social value activities.
Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC) is a leading cleantech integrator and renewable energy asset developer, owner and operator. Our comprehensive portfolio includes energy efficiency, infrastructure upgrades, asset sustainability and renewable energy solutions delivered to clients throughout North America and Europe. Our solutions range from upgrades to facility’s energy infrastructure to the development, construction and operation of renewable energy plants combined with tailored financial solutions. We foster an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and forward-thinking culture that thrives with innovation, diversity of thought, and inclusion. We are excited with all that the future holds for our industry, planet, and communities.
About Bristol City Leap
Bristol City Leap is an innovative 20-year partnership between Bristol City Council and Ameresco which will accelerate green energy investment in Bristol and help towards decarbonising the whole city.
Bristol City Leap is a world first, game-changing approach towards decarbonisation at city-scale and will deliver a transformative boost in the amount of renewable energy and decarbonised heat powering our city, which in turn means a cleaner, greener and healthier place to live, learn, work and play.
Over the next five years, Bristol City Leap will invest nearly £500 million into low carbon energy infrastructure, such as solar, wind, heat networks, heat pumps and energy efficiency measures – all of which will help support Bristol to achieve its carbon reduction target of becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
Alongside this investment, Bristol City Leap will deliver over £60m of social value over the next five years alone. This is truly an initiative with social value at its heart and the range of activities include:
- Creating over 1000 jobs, apprenticeships and work placements.
- Launching a new Community Energy Development Fund worth £1.5m.
- Working towards a just and inclusive transition through an embedded EDI strategy.
- Supporting initiatives to tackle fuel poverty in Bristol.
More information on Bristol City Leap’s social value activities can be found at: www.bristolcityleap.co.uk
This is a new opportunity for a Social Value Coordinator within Bristol City Leap’s Communication and Engagement Team. This role will provide technical support and expertise to ensure the delivery of Bristol City Leap’s wide range of social value activities. Duties include the development and delivery of key social value activities, measurement of social value KPIs and reporting through the Social Value Portal. This position is based in Bristol, United Kingdom.
- Plan and deliver a broad range of Social Value activities to support the achievement of Bristol City Leap’s Social Value commitments in line with the social value plan and KPIs.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to promote Bristol City Leap’s Social Value objectives and activities.
- Support management to ensure Social Value is considered and embedded in all of Bristol City Leap’s activities including project development and delivery.
- Collation, analysis and reporting of data relating to Social Value performance with a focus on meeting Bristol City Leap’s contractual commitments and targets.
- Identify opportunities for the delivery of additional Social Value activities.
- Engage with our supply chain partners to ensure social obligations are fulfilled as per agreed commitments.
- Produce socially orientated project case studies and web/social media content to highlight Bristol City Leap’s activities.
- Supporting the setup of community advisory and forum meetings to enable participation in Bristol City Leap’s project planning and delivery.
- Support the co-ordination of and attend events and conferences in relation to community and supply chain engagement.
- Keep informed of new initiatives, community activities and local schemes to ensure that Bristol City Leap is looped in and delivering any additional social value for the city.
Degree or relevant equivalent industry or vocational qualification AND/OR; a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a Social Value, Responsible Business, Corporate Social Responsibility or similar role.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to write concisely, accurately and in an engaging way for a variety of audiences AND the ability to converse with stakeholders and provide complex information in accurate spoken English
- Experience in a Social Value or Corporate Social Responsibility role within construction, civil engineering or training/skills background.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation and management skills.
- Strong literacy skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship management skills.
- Ability to engage well with others and influence a range of key stakeholders.
- Confidence in meeting and working with a broad range of partners.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills.
All applicants must be eligible to legally work in the UK
An award-winning industry leader, AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including company pension and incentive plans.