Vattenfall is currently searching for the right person to fill the position of Project Manager within the District Heating Business to oversee development and execution of projects in the region of Edinburgh, Scotland.
The largest operator of district heating in western Europe, serving over 2 million customers, Vattenfall Heat provides low and zero carbon heating and cooling solutions for private developers and public sector clients. Vattenfall is a Swedish-state owned utility and the 5th largest energy company in Europe. We have a uniting and clear purpose, to deliver fossil free living for our customers and the societies in which we operate within one generation. Formed two years ago, the Vattenfall Heat team in the UK has secured its first two major contracts and has a healthy pipeline and a reputation for disrupting and challenging the market- particularly in regards to driving environmental performance of heat solutions.
Filling this position of Project Manager you will be part of the Vattenfall Heat UK team, who are growing low-carbon heating solutions in the UK.
About the Role
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for development and realization of multi-million investment projects in line with the outlined objectives, business drivers and the Vattenfall project management model and governance. Part of a regional team, you will work cross-functionally to ensure projects are delivered as planned. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the project ensuring it is delivered safely, and within required time, budget and quality.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Reinforcing robust management of health and safety to industry best practice
- Planning, managing, executing and controlling the project with responsibility for budget, deadlines, quality, occupational safety and risk management, from concept development, construction to the start of commercial operation of a new plant
- Development of the concrete project planning and control
- Planning and definition of work packages for all parts of the project
- Project risk identification and risk management – including using a robust risk matrix to drive effective decision-making and prioritisation
- Development and control/monitoring of contracts with suppliers and service providers
- Coordination and determination of the planning results with the decision makers
- Proactive management of the critical path and, execution of subordinate tasks
- Reporting on Key Performance Indices to target
- Continuous management of various tiers of the project programme
- Leadership of the project multi-disciplinary team
- Resourcing and cost management
- Ensuring a high standard of information/ configuration management – making sure nobody is left behind/missing critical information.
- Responsible for keeping the project running to time, cost and quality with support and input within a matrix organisation
- 5+ years working experience in project management positions of complex technical projects in realisation and/or development;
- attained or working towards Chartered Status (or similar qualifications)
- a project management qualification (e.g: APM, Prince2, or PMI)
- proven experience in leading project teams in the UK market
- excellent fundamental commercial acumen
- excellent interpersonal skills: you are an inspirational leader, working in teams motivates you, and you are able to build a bridge between the project and all internal and external stakeholders relevant for success
- negotiating skills, willingness to compromise and persuasiveness
- good networking within the industry
- high degree of competence with software including: Office 365 suite (Word/ Excel Planner); MS Project
- Clearly evidenced risk management experience
- A good sense of humour
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be or have:
- A high performing individual with a drive to successfully accomplish goals
- High communication, and influencing skills, proficient at addressing Executive to team audiences.
- Adaptable, someone who can work successfully with uncertainty
- Self-starter with a high level of drive
- Influential as well as a team player
- Able to take initiative and ownership of responsibilities and drive to completion
- Passionate about being part of the transformation taking place in the shift to a zero carbon energy sector
- Someone who pays close attention to details and can connect them to the overall project picture
- Passionate about setting up something new, building new processes and setting new standards
- A promoter of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The location of this position is in Edinburgh.
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of
the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary team and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
We welcome your application before the 24th of May 2020. For questions about the recruitment process you can contact Tamara van Amersfoort, Corporate Recruiter.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
We look forward to your application!